Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I love noogies!

Well well well… It’s always nice to break a funk (albeit only one game) at the demise of the Leafs. I have won myself three coffees this morning… woo! I was a little concerned when The Kuban Missile was suddenly scratched with a “lower body” injury. I personally believe that two left feet is something you can play through, but I guess the medical staff disagreed.

The game itself was pretty dull for the first ten or twelve minutes, and then the A-Train derailed Stahlberg and that seemed to put a spark under the boys. Shaun-Don potted a questionable one (god bless inconclusive replays) and then Mitch-a-lack has his lower jaw sawed off on the break. Was it a penalty shot?? MacT says ‘yes’ so I’ll go with that. I love CiCi throwing Alfie in there in that situation, as the Leaf fans hatred for him is awesome (and not at all debilitating). I think I heard my first real “go leafs go” chant around the 7:00 mark of the 3rd, and it certainly wasn’t coming from the 3000+ empty seats in the 100 level (douchebags).

All in all, it was a solid, hard-fought victory. Coach CiCi did well, removing the kids from the D-rotation and allowing Phillichenkov and Carks+Camps to do their thing. Leclaire came up big when needed, and really, that’s all we want, everything else will flow from that.

Go Sens Go!

~MFP3

No comments:

Post a Comment