Monday, January 19, 2009

And I might have gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for you meddling kids…..


I must confess that I did not see the loss to the Habs. I was driving back from Buffalo to Toronto in a pseudo-blizzard, and fearing for my life as the idiots driving around us were all over the friggin place, but I digress. I’ve been to this game many times before, especially this year. Sitting calmly in section 323, Row M, seat 16 watching all the fans wearing another teams jersey invade my section, my row, or sitting right beside me, and extolling the virtues of how great their team is, and how shitty mine is. They seem to forget how things used to be. They never used to show their faces around here, but now they feast upon the already injured beast, and swoop in for the kill. To that end, I say fuck you HABS fan, so watch some soccer and leave me alone. I say fuck you LEAFS fan, you’ll be dead LONG before your team wins a cup. Fuck you PENGUINS fan, your team is barely winning now, wait until all those juicy contract are up in the next couple years. Am I bitter? Hell yeah I’m bitter. I expect more from this team, especially given the talented players that are still here.

As far as the game is concerned, there’s nothing for me to say that the OBC hasn’t already covered. So I will say only this. We have a few young players in VERY key positions. Whether they are NHL ready or not, they are here… and they need our support.

BLee – you played well, I know you’re trying out there every night playing hard when others aren’t. Keep your energy up, and your turnovers down, and you and I are good.

Belli – Relax. See the puck. You’re a damn fine goaltender. I know you’ll make mistakes, we all do. I own a Yankees jersey (go SOX!)

Keep on keepin’ on lads.

~G

No comments:

Post a Comment