Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You know what REALLY grinds my gears? SENS 3 - CAPS 2


When I was in 2nd year uni, I took an intro psychology course thinking it’d be a bird (and that I would just con the girl next to me to give me her notes from any class I missed). Neither of those things happened, which is why I still can not explain what is happening inside the heads of our beloved Janitors. They came out flying in the first. They were in control of the puck, weren’t taking too many stupid penalties, and were holding the Caps stars, especially AO in check. Heater potted a pair hopping back up on his horse as one of the pre-eminent snipers in the game, and then they went all Keyser Söze on us, and disappeared.

t frustrates me to watch this. Anyhow, here is your game recap:

THE APPETIZER:

It’s the GREAT ‘8’. We win, awesome, we lose, awesome. I feel privileged (as much as you CAN at $50/seat) to get to watch this guy play. I love the vigour, I love the energy, and man he comes up with some pretty shit, even if it doesn’t go in.

THE MAIN COURSE:

Two from Heater in the 1st should have it under wraps right? RIGHT? The scrubs pulled this one out of the hat. Brendan “Get your runs from the border” Bell comes up with a HUGE PP goal before we inevitably lose in a shootout. Peter Regin looked good tonight. Lots of spunk (which I expect from a 21 year old), and I really think he brought up the play of Fishy and Little Nicky, as they has to bust ass to keep up with the kid. That being said, each of them took STUPID penalties. Fishy, I love you dude, but this isn’t RED ROVER, and Nick… Sergei Fedorov has perfect hair, you helping him comb it with your blade isn’t gonna help.

THE DESSERT:

Belli looked pretty good. Yes, he need to work on his rebound control, but his athleticism is keeping him in the games… sound familiar? Don’t flake on us kid, ask Comrade Emery how that’s working out for him. I love how the bald cyborg spends two and a half periods pointing out Belli’s flaws, and then he’s THE MONSTER, HE’S THE MONSTER I SAY!!!

HAIR IN THE SOUP:

As we have seen many times this year, no lead is safe, especially the dreaded 2-0 lead (which Ottawa has now blown 9 times this season (winning 5 of those games).

Up next – the ALL-STAR EXTRAVAGANZA !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment