Friday, January 16, 2009

Anyone know the words to that "Nah Nah Hey Hey Goodbye" song?



Ah the "Gerbil" has finally taken his last stroll down the clear plastic tube of Scotiabank Place (I've been down there, and my description is totally somewhat accurate). Many saw this coming, and even more hoped it would be a hell of a lot sooner. That being said, the guy was a good team player about the whole thing. He knows deep down he stole Ray Emery's job, so in a pair of tits for tat, he had Alex Auld and Belli come and steal his. It happens, just ask Mike Dunham.

See you later Gerbs, no longer shall I see you scurrying around the crease, and the incessant noise from your rusty wheel will no longer keep me awake at night. You're buried in the back yard along side, Tugger, Hasek, The "Limey", Razor, and the rest of the "saviours".

~G

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, if someone would have told me, way back when, that "Rhode hockey" would have been the 1st and not even the worst, I wouldn't have believed them.

    Though I always liked Tugger - he seemed to play better than he was - or maybe I just liked him because he wasn't 'the other guy'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - we seem to have a love affair with our backups... I remember everyone in love with Marty Prusek too.

    ReplyDelete